IIS Systems Administrator – (Tier 3/3rd Line) – Remote (UK based) or Hybrid (Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh)
- Booth Street, Belvedere, Manchester, M2 4AW, United Kingdom
- 4 St. Paul’s Square, Liverpool, L3 9SJ, United Kingdom
- 30 Queensferry Road, Orchard Brae House, Edinburgh, EH4 2UZ, United Kingdom
The company: Marsh/MMC
Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions, we help clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk with over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries.
The role: IIS Systems Administrator – (Tier 3/3rd Line)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IIS Systems Administrator to join our Tier 3 support team in a capacity supporting the MMC business.
The IIS Systems Administrator (SE) is responsible for the engineering and support aspects of application middleware/web hosting components, administering websites and web services and overseeing the maintenance of application infrastructure components as well as maintaining engineering design standards and a stable application infrastructure environment.
The SE also provides coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of applications as well as analysing and projecting long-range capacity requirements, dealing with system related incidents and problems, upgrades, patching, provisioning, configuring and disaster recovery and will be required to collaborate with a variety of technical teams.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK but may require some flexibility around weekend work and extended days to support organized changes or incidents if required – but through prior agreement.
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to join a support team and resolve issues for colleagues from all over the world, enabling them to work more efficiently
- We offer a platform to build on existing skill sets and knowledge and an opportunity to learn new skills in a continuous improvement environment
- To build and maintain excellent relationships with our colleagues across the globe
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 27 days annual leave, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
- You will get in-depth on the job training and learn about insurance, insurance broking as well as building relationships within the business and outside with our partners.
We will rely on you to:
- Provides coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of applications
- Analyse and project long-range capacity requirements
- Dealing with system related incidents and problems, upgrades, patching, provisioning, configuring and disaster recovery
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve complex Windows application & ISS/.Net issues.
- Provide on-call support for business-critical applications during non-core hours
What you need to have:
- Proven experience in 3rd Line/Tier 3 Windows Application Support is essential
- Experience Supporting IIS (Internet Information Services)/.Net
- The ability to coordinate effectively in a multi-team environment
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to convey appropriate level of detail for each target audience
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to handle fluctuating priorities and projects in a consistent manner
- Excellent problem resolution and decision-making skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experience within a technology business
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Apply Now
Originally posted 2023-01-23 06:11:37.